KC Heartland's success comes from our highly qualified and experienced coaching staff. Coaches, who are involved in local organizations and experience playing and coaching at the collegiate level, are teaming together to provide the best possible product on the field for our boys and girls in the KC area.
FOUNDER / OWNER
- Eureka High School Lacrosse 2005 - 2007
- Central Methodist Univ. Football 2007
- Played at Missouri Baptist Univ. 2008-2012
- Youth Director of Fountain City Lacrosse - 2015-2018
- Blue Valley North HS Head Coach - 2017 - 2018
- Director at PV Youth Lacrosse 2015 - present
- Owner of KC LACROSSE SHOP 2016 - present
- Owner of Ozark Mountain Lacrosse - 2018 - 2020
- Director of Blue Valley Youth Lacrosse - 2020 - present
- Youth Director of Top Gun Lacrosse - 2020 - present
Brandon Horschig moved to Kansas City in 2015 due to the growing need for a quality year round program provider. It was then he took over Prairie Village Youth Lacrosse and created KC Heartland Lax Club to provide year round local opportunities for new and experienced players to continue learning and developing. Brandon prides his organization on first class programs, coaches, and communication.
Brandon runs two of the largest youth Spring clubs here in Kansas City in Prairie Village and Blue Valley.
His passion is found in teaching / coaching players at all skill levels the highest level of the game through hard work, sportsmanship and discipline.
Brandon resides in Grain Valley with his Wife Mackenzie, daughters Nevaeh, Maebri and sons Sawyer and August.
- Lee's Summit North High School Lacrosse: 2011 - 2014
- KCMGLA All Metro Midfielder: 2014
- Defensive Midfielder at Rockhurst University: 2014 - 2017
Devyn grew up in Lee's Summit, Missouri where she played as a starting varsity lacrosse midfielder at Lee's Summit North High School for three years and served as team captain for two years. At the end of her high school career, she was named to the first ever KCMGLA All Metro Team.
After graduating, Devyn went on to play at Rockhurst University as a Division II defensive midfielder for three years. During her sophomore year at RU, she started coaching with KC Heartland in 2015 to give back to the lacrosse community she grew up with and help continue its growth. She has been working with the pee wee and youth programs ever since and loves giving the kids an opportunity to kickstart their competitive lacrosse training at an early age!
- High School Lacrosse in Baltimore, MD '09-'12
- Played 2 seasons at NJCAA: Community College of Baltimore County
- Played 1 season at NCAA D2 Lenior-Ryhne Univ.
- Played 2 seasons at Ottawa University
- 2X All-KCAC Defender
- Coach Baker is in his first season as a volunteer assistant with the OU men's lacrosse program.
- Baker was a four year letterman for the Braves, earning Second Team NAIA All-American honors in 2019. He was a First Team All-KCAC selection and was named KCAC Offensive Player of the Year.
- Baker is ranked in the top 10 in OU record books in 15 individual career records and 21 Individual single game records.
- Baker graduated from Ottawa University with a degree in business administration.
- Coach Willis is in his first season as a graduate assistant coach with the OU men’s lacrosse program after spending the 2020 season as a student assistant.
- Willis spent four years as a member of the OU men’s lacrosse program. The three-time NAIA All-American and four-time First Team All-KCAC selection finished his career with 254 points, 5.08 points per game, 167 goals, 3.34 goals per game, 87 assists, 1.74 assists per game, 379 shot attempts, 7.58 shots per game, 265 shots on goal, and 5.30 shots on goal per game. Willis holds eight OU men’s lacrosse school records.
- Willis plays for the Burnaby Lakers of the Western Lacrosse Association in southwestern British Columbia, Canada.
- Willis graduated in May of 2020 from Ottawa University with a degree in business administration. He is working on his MBA from Ottawa University.