- 1 What is F Lacrosse?
- 2 What does SF stand for in Lacrosse?
- 3 What are some Lacrosse terms?
- 4 What is a lacrosse ball called?
- 5 What does GF mean in lacrosse?
- 6 What is a loose ball in lacrosse called?
- 7 What do midfielders do in lacrosse?
- 8 What is a clear attempt in lacrosse?
- 9 What does GB G mean in lacrosse?
- 10 What is a turnover in lacrosse?
- 11 What does Rara mean in lacrosse?
What is F Lacrosse?
– CTO = Turnovers Caused By Team (Simple count) – FO = Faceoffs by Team String (Faceoffs Won by Team / Faceoffs Lost by Team = Percentage) – CL = Clears By Team String (Successful Clears / Attempts = Percentage) LACROSSE (WOMEN):
What does SF stand for in Lacrosse?
Shots on Goal is this calculation: saves + goals. That means a shot that sails wide or hits the pipe without being touched by the keeper does not count as an official shot on goal. A shot that hits the pipe (not deflected by the goalie) does not count as an official shot on goal.
What are some Lacrosse terms?
Learn lacrosse lingo
- Apple. An assist.
- Behind-the-back (BTB) Either for a pass or shot.
- Boarding. Hitting an opposing player into the boards.
- Bouncer. A shot that bounces off the turf.
- Celly. Celebration.
- Coast to coast.
- Cross check.
What is a lacrosse ball called?
PEARL lacrosse balls are the official ball of the United States men’s national lacrosse team and US Lacrosse, the national governing body.
What does GF mean in lacrosse?
GS – Goals Scored. F, GF – Goals For (sometimes used in place of GS). A, GA – Goals Against (i.e., number of goals conceded by a team). GD – Goal Difference (i.e., difference between GF and GA, and sometimes denoted by +/-).
What is a loose ball in lacrosse called?
Players will attempt to gain possession by scooping the ball off the ground. This is a technique practiced by players and involves lowering the body and hands and using the stick like a shovel to pick up the ball. The act of gaining possession of a loose ball is called a ground ball.
What do midfielders do in lacrosse?
Lacrosse Midfielders Midfielders work on both sides of the ball and are usually doing the most running. They have to move from offense to defense quickly and work with both the attack and defense. For this, midfielders must work on their offensive and defensive skills in order to get the most time on the field.
What is a clear attempt in lacrosse?
A lacrosse clear is when a goalie stops a shot and then passes (clears) the ball to a defender or middie in order to get the ball over to the opposite (offensive) side of the field.
What does GB G mean in lacrosse?
GB/G Ground Ball per Game This is the average number of ground balls per game during the season. You take the total ground balls and divide it by the number of games played. Doing this will give you the ground balls per game.
What is a turnover in lacrosse?
Turnovers occur when a player or team in possession of the ball or entitled to possession of the ball loses possession of it, in a live-ball situation Page 15 OFFICIAL 2009 MENLS LACROSSE STATISTICS RULES 15 or under certain dead-ball situations.
What does Rara mean in lacrosse?
Required Athletically Related Activities (RARA) are any required activities that occur at the direction of Rutgers athletic staff, but do not involve physical activities or coaching.